Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sierra Leone

Sierra Leone is the most ugly, beautiful, down trodden, resilient, dirty, fresh, brown, green, heartbreaking, spirit lifting, scary, welcoming, corrupt, honest, poorest, richest, depressing, awe-inspiring, backwoods, insightful, self-seeking, community minded, forgotten, prevalent, most amazing places I have ever seen.

I have never seen a place that contradicts itself so and I love it. There is so much that should bring down it's people but the spirit is so hopeful. I have never been to a city that was so alive and joyous! The affection the people show for one another is inspiring, but so many are forgotten and ignored. They are hungry for change. They need to see Jesus's face. The longing in my heart that has kept me awake at night for the past year now has a face. I love it. I can't wait to be there.

I wrote each day, or activities but the internet is sketchy so I'll post them now. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment