Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February 11th

It was a little hard to handle last night. I had a moment. We stayed in a “guest house” in Muayamba. No electricity, no water no toilet seat. I found the biggest craziest bug I’ve ever seen and I’m not sure what I slept on. After spending a few moments in the fetal position and having Michael laugh at me hysterically, I gave it up and went to sleep. I know God is calling us which makes it doable. Can’t say I enjoyed it, but I did it. It was a pretty big adventure.
 We also went to a sporting event in town. We were a total freak show. I’m pretty sure I was the first white woman a great deal of these people had ever seen. I think we trumped the race. Babies were crying and running away and people wanted my picture. Kids stood in a circle around us and stared at us while we watched the track meet. FANTASTIC!!
We were able to attend the donation ceremony on the land today. The Paramount Chief was there. I really liked him. He is a very wise man, I believe. He was very clear that he believed this community we will be building will provide a great future for his community. We will be bringing jobs to his people, clean water and much needed hope and education to the children of the Muayamba District.
I feel like we have such a responsibility to these people. This nation needs a turn around and to imagine that it could happen with us blows my mind. It needs to happen. They are so excited and eager to help.
The ceremony was really cool too. They prayed both to Allah and  to Jesus, which I found interesting. I really think things are so hard they are just trying to cover all their bases. And I think they still feel like no one is listening. The mosque was full in town. But they repeatedly yelled Hallelujah. I don’t doubt the commitment they have to either belief, I just don’t think they know. What  a responsibility we have to show them. They are so open and ready for truth. I can’t wait to get to know them and spend time with the people of the village. So many can’t read or write. They signed with their thumb prints. How much could their lives change? How much will ours?


No comments:

Post a Comment