Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Febuary 6th

We arrived in Freetown late this evening. What a long day!! I was totally exhausted and grouchy, to say the least.  I will admit I was blown away when we landed in The Gambia (that’s right, THE Gambia). I just kept looking at Michael saying “We are here. In West Africa. It’s really happening!” It is surreal. This has been so long in the making. It’s finally here.
I will be very frank when I say, I am homesick. The airport is very difficult to get through and we experienced our first corrupt government experience. Michael was hustled for money by an officer. We didn’t receive one of our bags. It had all the treats I brought for the kids. I’m bummed. It looks like I’m on my own for dazzling them! It was a long day with many adventures, disappointments and total exhaustion. Happy to be here!


No comments:

Post a Comment