Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February 10th

Most interesting wake up call ever!! There is a large tire rim in the middle of the community. At 6 a.m. some compassionate caretaker wakes the children by beating it wildly. Wow. If that doesn’t wake you, the dogs and rooster that take that noise to be the appointed time to howl, woot, cocka-doodle etc. Did I mention this was all underneath my open window? Yep. I can say with confidence, we will NOT have one of those in Buaya!!
We made it out to the land and the villagers were there with machetes building a structure for us to sit under for the ceremony tomorrow. Seriously, vines, bamboo and palm leaves and it was gorgeous. We were all blown away. I got my first look at Buaya and our possible in between home until ours is built. This is going to be tough.
The people were great though. So loving and excited about us being there. It’s going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment