Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Ninja Gingerbread Cookies are AWESOME...

We are still here! Sorry folks.

We do feel that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, though. Yay! We've been closely monitoring this whole Ebola thing and we are seeing major improvement in several affect countries and it looks like Sierra Leone isn't far behind! We are ready to be home and hit the ground running with new tasks, old ones and all the Ropieckis under one fun African roof!

Until then...
What have we been doing? So much! Michael has kind of been a rock star when it comes to locking down The Covering. Employees and kiddos remain Ebola free, healthy and in good spirits. It's ok, you can say it, he's freakin' awesome. He's also had a few side projects that he has been working on helping a few other organizations. Can't go into detail, but he gets more awesome.

He's also been an awesome dad to two little toddlers that we now have guardianship of and have paperwork in order! Awesomeness oozes from this man.

He does all this while maintaining a perfectly straight house, cooking three square meals per day and dabbling in flower arrangements and interior design...A few of these details may be embellished. But since he is the man of my dreams, I can dream big!

As for the stateside Ropieckis...
We've missed home a bit. But we are making significant headway in fundraising. We have been so overwhelmed at the outpouring of love and support. We appreciate so much everyone seeing the importance of what we are doing. It is humbling to say the least. We ask you to please continue with your help in raising awareness and support for our work. We still have a significant deficit in our budget for 2014.

We have also hit the books once again. School is in session full swing for these young ladies. They are not elated, but it has to happen! We have been hiding out at our family's cabin in the woods, which has been awesome! It is quiet and beautiful and quiet...really, it has been such a retreat. Just ignore the banjo music!

I have also been working on some TRS projects here and assisting where needed. Although being here this long wasn't the idea, it has been great for connecting with leadership and learning some ins and outs of an organization we love. And since this paragraph does not contain the theme word of this post...TRS is awesome. AWESOME!

Also, we made some crazy awesome ninja gingerbread cookies. Awesome really isn't a big enough word for them. I mean they are gingerbread cookies, shaped like ninjas. Your mind was just blown. 

So, lessons learned? Stories to tell? America is a little tricky for us to navigate these days. As I type this I look to my right and see the word "complain" strategically placed over my little trashcan icon on my computer...so there. God is working this out. I see it often, sometimes it feels not often enough and I don't quite grasp the reasons, but whatever the case, he's faithful and I am glad I don't have to do this without him. Lamentations (I know, not the most uplifting book to consult on this one) says, "The Lord's loving kindnesses, indeed, never cease. For his compassions never fail." My compassions do fail. ( I have a few friends and family that would attest to that) but he loves me.
Also, ninja gingerbread cookies are AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment