Sunday, February 2, 2014

Playing catch up


First, I am so sorry that there has been such a gap in posts. We have had crazy internet and power issues and we have finally worked out a few kinks. I have been trying to write during the silent times anyway so I can update folks, so if you are interested in what we’ve been doing…

 

November 2013

We haven’t been doing very much…Just moving!! We finally have a home that has a private compound and room for everyone. We are so excited and so blessed that the Sisco family allowed us the opportunity to take over their lease. It is amazing.

We have loved everyone home we have stayed in. The small 3 rooms of the village were a little tough and going outside to use the potty was not on my top 10 favorite things I have done, but each place has stretched us and been a place where everlasting relationships have been made. The thing is, we had no idea how much alone time we did not have! We have lived in compounds with constant traffic and daily random visits and we have loved it, but our house is quiet now. No one is sitting on my front porch and I just sent my kids outside and I don’t know what they are doing! I got up this morning and walked through my house in my pajamas to sit on my couch. I am a new woman.

We are getting settled in and my girls are loving the fact that they don’t all have to share a dwelling. Five kids in one room was a bit much…a bit. Everyone has decorated appropriately and they love home. It feels like home.

Thanksgiving was a quiet affair with just us guys and that was ok. We ate turkey and all the good stuff that goes with it and talked to our families and relaxed. This year’s turkey was baked in an oven and not in a coal pot and the feast was topped off with an apple pie. See how typically boring we are. Weeeeee!!!

We are finding our groove at TRS and learning the ropes. We are so excited about the work ahead. Everyone is good. NOTHING is going on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment