Tuesday, June 12, 2012

One week down!

Phew!! We have been busy!
Michael has been in Sierra Leone for a week now. It is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Single parenting is not for me! Kids are nuts! They have been great, but it's so different not having Michael around. Don't tell him, but he does a lot around here! To sum up, we miss him.
The kids and I spent the weekend at our last kids camp with The Bridge Fellowship. It was awesome. We really loved every minute of it. It was fantastic!
We have one more camp at the end of the month and we are looking forward to that too. In between, we are spending as much time with friends and family as possible. It's really happening! We are moving to Africa.......all of us.
Today's big news: everyone in our family has a passport! That big piece of the puzzle is now in place. Next, it will be tickets and visas. There is still a fair amount of things I need to finish wrapping up here, but we're close!
It's crazy. This whole journey only began a little over a year ago for us. It was something we thought would happen in the future and even then a year seemed so far away. It's insane to see us at this point! Insane/good.
In the mean time, the kids and I are catching up on tv, soaking up some pool time (frankly, I have to prepare my white self for that hot African sun) and taking lots of showers! That should prepare us!
Thanks to everyone who is giving us so much support and love. We are overwhelmed by how everyone is lifting us up. So, if you happen to be near when I have one of my many crying fests, just know that I am speachless and appreciate so much all that you are continuing to do for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment