Thursday, June 21, 2012

Living la vida loca

I will begin by reporting we really miss Michael! This is a lot harder than I thought. I would not make a good millitary wife. I give props to all of you spouses out there that live without your significant others over long periods of time. It is really difficult. Don't let him know, but he does alot around here. If nothing more than take the kids for 15 minutes in the evening, it is what keeps me sane!! So yes, now you know, I am insane!
We have been able to skype him which has been fun. One skype session was done while a cute little monkey sat on his lap making crazy faces at us. Don't worry though, it is a city monkey and cannot come to Bauya, it can't make it. City monkeys do not belong in the country. We will remain a monkey free home.
The kids are ok, just doing everything any kid could dream of doing. Endless sleepovers, dozens of trips to the pool, visiting all the friends and family they can stand, pretty much anything they can think of that they want to do. It's been fun, but we are ready for life to slow down a bit. I think Africa is the answer to all this madness! If you've been, you realize the irony in this statement.
I just want to use this small paragraph to let my friends and families know how much I love and appreciate them. They have loved on us, cared for us, lifted us up, cried with us, and prayed with us so fervently over the past few weeks that I am blown away. I want to bottle up all these moments we are sharing because of how precious you all are. If I don't gush and tell you that all the time, forgive me, I don't want to be too mushy! But truly, you make it possible for us to live out an enormous dream and calling. We are forever changed and affected by you. (not to be confused with infected) Thank you.
I will leave with a funny Ella quote. While sitting on the couch the other day, she looks over at me and gives me a curious look. She says, "When are we going to go get Daddy and bring him back here?" I say, "We are going to fly to Africa to live there with him." She says, "No, I don't think so, I'm kind of over it!"
Oh child! Don't worry, you will be hooked like us before you know it!

1 comment: